Following your SMP treatment, you need to give your scalp time to heal or the pigment may fade or disappear from the skin.
For the first 72 hours following your treatment:
- No high activity that will cause increased heart rate and excessive sweating such as; running, going for a workout, playing sports.
- No water, shampoo, lotions, creams or other products should be applied to the scalp.
- No razor blade shaving of the head. If you must shave only use an electric shaver and be gentle. If you see flaking or scabbing do not shave for another 48 hrs.
On day 4 after your treatment:
- You can resume light activity, non-steamy showers and you may moisturize the scalp now.
- You should begin using a daily sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. Even on cloudy days sunscreen should be applied as damaging UV rays are still present. Sun is cryptonite to your SMP. Unprotected sun exposure or burning the skin may fade the pigment in an undesirable way, and sunburning may occur which will cause peeling, and a loss of some pigmentation
Two weeks after your treatment, be cautious about:
- Spray tan or use self tan lotion
- Swimming in a pool
- sauna or steam room
- Use of any hair color or dyes
You may start using a scalp moisturizer after 12 days. We provide a special lotion for our clients with a matte finish to reduce or eliminate any shine. Contact HeadPower in Toronto for SMP today.